Board Meeting of December 13, 2021
• The Bay Area League continues to seek a Communications Director to coordinate the Board’s communications tasks. The Nominations Committee chair, Ann Draper, would welcome suggestions from local Leagues for this position as well as for people generally interested in serving on the BAL Board. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
• Volunteers are needed to serve on the Budget Committee of the Bay Area League. This is a limited-time task, to assist with formulating the Bay Area League budget for the 2022-24 program years. All meetings will be conducted virtually. Interested persons may contact Treasurer Leslie Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Bay Area Monitor is seeking a writer for articles on open spaces. Interested persons may contact Project Manager Michael Adamson at email@example.com
• Bay Area League Day will be held February 19, fully remotely via Zoom. The theme will be “Solving for Housing”. The event will take a holistic look at land-use planning involved in placing housing. Local League members interested in housing are urged to help plan the event by contacting League Day Chair Danielle Crider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The issue of the shipment of coal by rail through the North Bay was again discussed, and the Board explored the idea of covering the topic as a Community Conversation. The emphasis will be on the necessity for the League at all levels to “speak with one voice” when an issue involves multiple levels of government, and coordinate the response.
• The next Bay Area League Board meeting will take place on Monday, January 17, 2022 (!) at 5:00 pm, and ordinarily they occur on the third Monday of each month. The meetings continue to happen virtually. The link for all the Board meetings: http://tiny.cc/LWVBAmonthlymeeting
All League News