We are currently without an Action Director. We will be reorganizing
Meetings of the Action and Program Teams are held at the LWVBAE Office, 2530 San Pablo, Berkeley. Check calendar. They will be rescheduled after election.
When we “take action’ in the League, we work for, campaign for, and lobby for League policy positions. LWVBAE Action addresses government activities, laws and regulations and proposed ballot measures in our three cities, the county, the greater bay area, the state, and the nation.
The Action Team brings together all the team chairs and all other League members who want to take action on an existing League policy position. We do that by writing letters, facilitating a meeting, participating in debates, or writing OpEds. The Action Team reports what’s happening in the areas they are following and proposes specific actions to the Board.
League Priority Areas for Action in 2016-2017
LWVBAE Local Action Teams
Climate Change— find local areas for action; support state and national calls for action.
CivilTalk–will demonstrate various methods to engage in civil conversation about controversial topics every few months
Proposed New Teams Spring 2018–Immigration, Housing
- Money in Politics
- Climate, Sustainable Water, and Protecting the Environment
- Election Reform and Voting Rights
- Minimum/Living Wage
- Protecting and Engaging Voters– the many facets of Voting Rights and Election Administration.
- Money in Politics–money in elections, ethics and lobbying.
- Climate and Environmental Protection
- Healthcare (including Reproductive Choice and Mental Health)
From the April 2017 Action Meeting