67% of registered voters in Alameda County voted.
49% of that voted by mail-in ballot.
18% of that voted on election day.
The percentages below are as of December 7. The official count will be Dec 15.
Measures and Propositions
State and Local Propositions and Measures with League Recommendations.
Pros and Cons for Propositions and Measures
VIDEOS of all League Forums for the November 2018 eiection can be found here.
City Council, District 1 Map– Rashi Kesarwani 44.39% (Government Finance Manager), Igor A.Tregub 35.64% (Rent Boardmember/Engineer), Margo Schueler 15.42% (Civil Engineer), Mary Behm-Steinberg 4.30% (Community Volunteer).
City Council, District 4 Map – Kate Harrison 52.65% (Berkeley Councilmember/Consultant), Gregory Magofna 12.08% (Elder Nutrition Manager), Ben Gould 34.81% (Sustainability Policy Analyst)
City Council, District 7 Map – Cecilia “Ces” Rosales 34.29% (Small Business Owner), Rigel Robinson 56.21% (Student Government Officer), Aidan Hill 8.93% (Berkeley Dog Walker)
City Council, District 8 Map – Mary Kay Lacey 30.39% (Planning Commissioner/Attorney), Lori Droste 56.12% , Alfred Twu 10.58% (Designer/Artist), Russ Tilleman 2.75% (Green Transportation Designer)
Rent Stabilization Board – William “Three Hundred” Barclay Caldeira 3.42% (Landscaper/City Commissioner), James Chang 19.54% (Rent Stabilization Board Commissioner), Soli Alpert 13.13% (Legislative Aide), Paola Laverde 17.33% (Rent Stabilization Board Commissioner), Judy J. Hunt 9.76% (Consultant/BOLT Trustee), Maria Poblet 15.28% (Appointed Incumbent), John T. Selawsky 15.27% (Rent Board Chair), David H. Buchanan 5.97% (Investor/Wine Maker)
School Board Director – Ty Alper 30.85% (School Board Director), Norma J F Harrison 3.96% (Community Volunteer), Dru Howard 4.92% (Instructional Technician), Abdur Sikder 3.46% (Entrepreneur/Professor), Julie Sinai 25.86% (Non-Profit Executive), Ka’Dijah Brown 30.77% (Public School Teacher)
Berkeley City Auditor – There was no forum for Berkeley City Auditor candidates Jennifer Wong 91.66% and Vladislav S. Davidzon. 7.78% Because Davidzon declined to take part in a forum.
REGIONAL CANDIDATES Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville
State Assembly District 15 Map
- Buffy Wicks (D) 54.09%, Jovanka Beckles (D) 45.91%
Alameda County Assessor
- James Johnson 39.46%, Phong La 59.6%
State and Federal Results taken from the California Secretary Of State Election Results.
- Kevin de León(D) 41.62%, Dianne Feinstein(D) 58.38%
U.S. House District 13
- Barbara Lee (D) 88.38%, Laura Wells (GRN) 11.62%
THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
- Gavin Newsom (D) 80.55%, John Cox(R) 19.45%
- Eleni Kounalakis (D) 61.68%, Ed Hernandez (D) 38.32%
Secretary of State
- Mark Meuser(R) 18.26%, Alex Padilla(D) 81.74%
- Betty T. Yee (D) 83.10%, Konstantinos Roditis (R) 16.90%
- Fiona Ma (D)82.15%, Greg Conlon (R) 17.85%
- Xavier Becerra(D) 81.29%, Steven Bailey (R) 18.71%
- Ricardo Lara(D) 65.66%, Steve Poizner 34.34%
Members of the State Board of Equalization, District 2
- Mark Burns(R)18.78%, Malia Cohen(D) 81.22%
Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Tony Thurmond 66.45%, Marshall Tuck 32.97%