Prepare–So you’ll be sure to actually carry through and vote.
- Use the resources available right on this website: LWVBAE.org/elections
- Learn about the candidates: VotersEdge.org/CA
- Learn about the propositions: LWVC.org (California)
Vote by mail
- If you have not already requested a Vote by Mail ballot, it is too late to do so.
- Sign the envelope for your ballot
- Your ballot must be postmarked on or before Nov 8 and received no later than 3 days after Nov 8
- Post with $1.35 postage (3 “forever” stamps) or drop in dropbox at City Hall (on/before Nov 8) or drop off at any polling place in Alameda County (Nov 8, 7:00a-8:00p only)
Vote at the Registrar of Voters Office
- If you do not have a Vote by Mail ballot and cannot go to the polls on Nov 8, you can vote early by going in person to the Registrar of Voters Office
- Address: 1225 Fallon St # G1, Oakland, CA 94612
- The office, features a number of voting booths, and is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and this weekend from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The public entrance is on 12th Street.
- Phone: (510) 272-6933
Vote at your polling place: Tuesday, November 8
- Find your polling place at votersedge.org/CA
- If you have a Vote by Mail ballot, take it to the polling place with you.
- Plan how to get there between 7:00 AM and 7:45 PM
- 511.org can help you find a bus
Follow the election
- After the polls close, search Alameda County ROV; go to Election schedules/results; Nov 8 General Election
Check the ROV website for even more details: https://www.acgov.org/rov/
All League News