Voting is both a privilege and an obligation of citizenship.
The 2008 mock Presidential Primary election was held statewide on Monday and Tuesday, January 28 and 29, 2008. It offered students the opportunity to “test drive” the voting experience.
Berkeley High students were able to participate in the following ways:
- Follow the links below to investigate ballot contests.
- Vote in the foyer of the Community Theater between 9am and 3:30pm on Tuesday, January 29, 2008.
- Check Berkeley High’s results, and compare them to how Alameda County and the state as a whole voted on February 5.
LINKS to Election Information
Explore the ballot that citizens living near Berkeley High will vote on February 5 by following this link to SmartVoter.org
Read the Easy Voter Guide for the February 5th election.
Explore the background materials that the California Secretary of State’s office has posted for students online
- the Mock Election ballot you will see on January 29
- background information on the three mock ballot measures: Measure 1, Measure 2, and Measure 3
Examine materials that the League of Women Voters prepare for voters to use as they decide how to cast their votes on the state and local measures they’ll see on their Primary election ballot.