Despite public opposition to repealing the Affordable Care Act, Congress is at it again. Just like the last plan, their latest attempt to repeal the ACA will raise costs and cut coverage for millions of Americans.
We know we’ve asked you before – and if you haven’t done it – it’s not too late.
Join us for a National Call-In Day TOMORROW!
Call your Representative at 866-426-2631 and tell them to reject repeal and #ProtectOurCare: Stop trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act!
The House of Representatives wants to vote on this new plan this week.
We can’t let this happen!
If it passes:
- 24 million Americans will lose coverage by 2020
- Costs will increase for seniors and those with pre-existing conditions
- Women will go back to paying more than men for basic care
- Women will lose access to safe abortion care and see increases in costs for birth control
- Medicaid patients – including millions of children, seniors and people with disabilities – will no longer be able to get the care they need
In fact, the only real winners under this new legislation are the big interests and the wealthiest Americans.
Even if you’ve already called your Representative – call them again! 866-426-2631
Tell the House of Representatives: Americans can’t afford to lose our healthcare coverage.
Lloyd Leonard, LWV Director of Advocacy
All League News