As many of you know, The League of Women Voters of Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville (LWVBAE) is a nonpartisan, political organization that has existed for over 100 years to promote democracy and empower voters. We were created to ensure that women knew about their right to vote and could make informed decisions on who and what to vote for.
Our League provides a range of information and services, especially around the elections and our League positions. More than ever there is a critical need for the reasoned, factual, and civil voice that the League offers. We need your support now to continue this work! Below is a snapshot of the accomplishments we are most proud of so far in 2022. At the top of that list is our action-learning Internship Program for local students. Please see our highlights below to learn more about the program that engages youth in active citizenship and participation in our democracy on the local level.
- Fostering civic engagement in the Internship Program for local high school and college students
- Well attended educational events including candidate forums for Alameda County Sheriff, District Attorney, and Superintendent of Schools ahead of our voter outreach for the Primary Election
- Additionally, we sponsor informative evenings in our Environmental Concerns Series that feature local scientists and climate policy experts; the upcoming Green Homes Tour; and other programming
As local residents who have a stake in the health of our democracy, here and across the country, we hope you will consider donating to help support our League and the funding required for our essential programs. You can donate by
- Going online at our website, https://www.lwvbae.org/get-involved/contribute/, or
- Mailing your gift to our office, 2530 San Pablo Ave, Ste F, Berkeley, CA 94702
Thank you in advance for supporting our League!
Kandea Mosley Gandhi, President, LWV of Berkeley Albany Emeryville
All League News