You must register to vote in elections. Registering to Vote takes a few minutes to do. You may register to vote online at the California Secretary of State website. The traditional paper Voter Registration form is available at all city clerks offices, public libraries and post offices. The LWVBAE maintains Voter Registration form boxes at these sites. You may also call the Alameda County Registrar of Voters at (510) 267-8683 or (510) 272-6933 or the Secretary of State at 1-800-345-VOTE to request a registration form; or request or download a form from the Secretary of State’s web site.
Voter Registration Deadlines:
Your registration form must be IN the office of your County Registrar of Voters by 15 days before the Election.
- For more information go to the LWV California website on Voter Registration.
LWVBAE is devoted to educating voters. Here are some resources:
- California Voter Bill of Rights
- Smart Voter covers local, state and national elections for California –a LWVCEF project
- LWVBAE Pros and Cons on Local Ballot Measures. (will be updated close to an election)
- LWVBAE Election Media (produced in cooperation with the Berkeley Community Media): LWVBAE will provide local candidates the opportunity to record a video candidate statement before an election.
- LWBAE YouTube Channel or on the League of Women Voters Smart Voter website.
My Voter Profile
Alameda County has developed an online “My Voter Profile” for each voter to look up their polling place, preferred language, sample ballot, ballot status and elect officials.
Smart Voter.org shows you your ballot and provides extensive info about ballot measures and candidates–when you type in your address.
Voting in Alameda County. The Alameda County Registrar of Voters provides detailed information on Rank Choice Voting, Voting by Mail, Voting System, Polling Place, Sample Ballot, Language Assistance, etc.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Join the LWVBAE Voter Services Team.
- Become a Poll Worker: Contact the Alameda County Registrar of Voters under Election Workers.
- Help to Register Voters: Contact LWVBAE Voter Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org so you can be put on our list of volunteers.
Look up recent and past election results at the California Secretary of State’s website.