The meeting will be at the LWVBAE Office, 2530 San Pablo, Suite F.
I. INTRODUCTIONS (10 – 10:15)
II. DEADLINES/ IMPORTANT DATES (10:15 – 10:30)
Jan. 11 – Feb. 27 volunteer to campaign for Yes on E, G, and H Ballot Measures for the Berkeley Unified School District. Phone banking signup sheet.
Jan. 12 kickoff of Albany campaign to pass Measure B, email@example.com.
Feb. 18 last day to register before the Primary election.
Feb. 25 last day for vote-by-mail request
Mar. 3 Primary Election which will involve the 3 BUSD ballot measures, the Albany ballot measure, the Emeryville ballot measures F and K, Alameda County measures A and C.
Apr. 20 – May 1 High School Voter Education Weeks.
Oct. 19 last day to register to vote before the General Election.
TBD Candidate Forums Berkeley: 2 for Mayor, 4 for Rent Board, 2 for School Board, ? for City Council.
TBD Candidate Forum Albany: 2 for City Council
TBD Candidate Forum Emeryville:
Nov. 3 General Election
III. PROJECTS YOU CAN JOIN
A. Voter Registration Boxes (now to Nov. 3) [12 volunteers, 2 per team] (10:30 – 10:45)
i.Get Voter Registration Forms from Alameda County Registrar of Voters
ii.Keep track of Form numbers in Green Binder for credit from Registrar
iii.Partners distribute forms to stock boxes w/ your contact info on the back
iv.Each team looks after 5 – 10 locations (libraries, post offices, senior centers)
B. Writing Pros and Cons (Aug.) for at least 6 local and 2 Alameda County ballot measures, file from Ken Bukowski, w/ arguments & rebuttals [Toni Mester ?] (10:45 – 10:55)
C. Organizing Candidate Forums (Sept.-Oct.) [Cynthia Chen] (10:55 – 11:15)
1. Alameda County Supervisor; District 15 Assemblymember – partner w/ LWVO?
2. Berkeley (2 for mayor, 4 for rent board, 2 for school board, ? for City Council)
Volunteers to set up dates and locations; ushers to greet/collect questions; vetters of questions, timers of debates, moderators
3. Albany (City Council; Volunteers as in 2)
4. Emeryville (Volunteers as in 2)
D. High School Voter Registration Weeks (April 20-May 1) (11:15 – 11:30)
Joyce Renaker/Cameron Amianda
E. Speakers’ Bureau (Sept. – Oct.) Regina Beatus ? (11:30 – 11:40)
1. Speaker teams will be needed for 4 Senior Centers, 5 Satellite Affordable Housing Associates buildings, and Churches such as the Chinese Christian Church
2. Contact organizations interested in Pros and Cons speakers by e-mail/phone
3. 2 League members give each hour-long Pros and Cons presentation.
F. Stock outreach materials (Now to Nov.) Voters Edge Bookmarks: (Sept.?) Easy Voter Guides (11:40 – 11:50)
G. Voters Edge Coordinator Daniel Roessler ? (11:50 – noon)