Do you have 30 minutes to help voters register? Adopt one box at your library or other location to keep filled with voter registration forms. If you work with a partner, you won’t even need to park! Sign up for one calendar year; renewable–of course.
The Alameda County Council of Leagues of Women Voters [ACCLWV] is renegotiating their long term contract of the Leagues in the county with the Alameda Country Registrar of Voters [ROV]. The contract requires Leagues to maintain boxes of voter registration forms at 300 locations around the county. LWVBAE has responsibility for at least 30 boxes in post offices, libraries and other often frequented locations. Each participating League gets reimbursed for the boxes of affidavits [official name of the forms] it maintains.
We need to rebuild our reg box team–with a coordinator and 15-30 team members. Each team member only has five easy tasks:
• Place or confirm placement of one or more official boxes for holding registration forms in a convenient and visible location at one or more assigned locations
• Check that the box is filled with the new registration forms that will be provided by the ROV in January. Also supply and replenish cards explaining how to register on- -line.
• Check in on the box to refill as needed. Six weeks before the June and the November elections make one visit each week.
• File a very short easy report after each visit–through your smart phone or computer
• Respond to additional requests as needed if the library, for example, runs out of forms.
Note: if you did this job in the past and want to re-up, you’ll be glad to know the reporting will be much much easier–no need to keep track of the numbers on the forms.
To sign up: email Phyllis Gale firstname.lastname@example.org
All League News